Modern manufacturers offer many kinds of baby formula. How to understand their diversity and choose what your baby needs?
Pediatricians, child nutritionists and nutritionists are engaged in the selection of food: there are many educational books for them. Most moms, such books and special education in their arsenal is not. That’s why they often have to sort out all the subtleties on their own. What is important to know when choosing an organic formula?
Organics is a philosophy, it is about harmony between man and nature, it is when during the cultivation and production of high quality products we use processes that contribute to the conservation of natural resources, environmental protection, restoration of soil fertility, increasing the level of biodiversity, application of high standards of animal welfare.
So let’s look at the
Main Reasons for Choosing Organic Dairy Formula
- Organic products are the result of certified organic production, at all stages of which the use of chemically synthesized recipients (fertilizers, pesticides, technological impurities), ionizing radiation, growth regulators and stimulants, genetically modified organisms (GMO), antibiotics for preventive purposes, hormones, preservatives, artificial flavorings and dyes are prohibited.
- The production of all organic products begins with the certification of the land. Even if it is a dairy product or meat. First, the fields and pastures used for animal husbandry must obtain organic status. Organic milk producing cows must be grazed on grass that is free of pesticides, dioxides and other chemicals, which can then pass into milk or meat. The land must be certified organic (2-year transition period from conventional crops).
- For food processing also have their own requirements. The production must use strictly certified organic raw materials and special careful technological regimes. If the company is engaged in the production of both organic and conventional products, there must necessarily be a clear distinction: then in space – a separate shop or room, then in time, when first processed organic products, and then – traditional. Before the production of organic in this case, the line has to be cleaned, so that through the equipment and equipment was not cross-contamination from the traditional product.
- If we talk about organic livestock, and there are clear requirements on the number of animals on the farms for a particular square, on the way of animal housing, feeding and treatment. For example, the use of antibiotics and growth hormones is prohibited. Also, on organic farms, more humane treatment of animals. All of this ultimately affects the pricing. A quality product cannot be cheap.
- The certification body clearly monitors production, making mandatory annual visits to the production facility or field to verify that the process meets all organic requirements. There are also unannounced inspections, when the inspector comes to the production facility and verifies the compliance of the process. If there are significant violations, the producer’s organic certificate may be suspended or revoked altogether.
- Only natural fertilizers such as bio humus and liquid bio humus (liquid, drained from the solid part of bio humus), infusions on various plants, compost, plant residues and organic certified bio preparations are used for growing organic products. Importantly, these natural fertilizers must also be made from organic products. With the protection against pests, everything is similar: infusions of ivy, onions, garlic, various citrus fruits are used, also certified bio preparations.
- Organic formulas are made from skim milk, which is supplemented with a blend of organic vegetable oils to achieve a fatty acid profile similar to breast milk. Vitamins and minerals are also added in amounts appropriate to the baby’s correct stage of development. For example, HiPP Dutch Stage 1 – baby formula is made in accordance with strict European requirements and is divided into several levels, which differ in composition to provide your baby with all the essential vitamins at different stages of growth.
So, best baby formula is organic and very nutritious with no added preservatives or pesticides. You can have complete peace of mind by giving your baby exactly what she needs – nutrition from organic, natural ingredients.